The player takes full control of a single armored vehicle (Chosen from garage) and is placed into a battle on a random map, chosen through automated MM (Match Making). However the map chosen by match-making may vary with different game modes and according to the tier of tank chosen by the player. The player has control over the vehicle's movement, firing, and can communicate with other players through typed or voice chat.
During gameplay the player has the following things on thier screen:
|1Frame Rate||4Battle Score||7Vehicle Marker||10Vehicle Condition Panel|
|2Ping Indicator||5Battle Time||8Reticle||11Ammunition and Consumables Panel|
|3Lag Indicator||6Team Panel||9Battle Chat||12Minimap|
Each of the things listed are displayed on the screen when the play is in a battle. These can be view on the wot website 
- W, A, S, D to move your vehicle
- R or F to enable cruise control
- R twice to switch to full speed forward
- F twice to switch to full reversing speed
- Left-click to fire
- Space to stop and fire while moving
- Right-click a target to enable auto-aim
- Right-click outside the target or press E to disable auto-aim
- Move the mouse or use cursor keys to control the camera
- Shift to zoom. (arty mode)
- Scroll the mouse wheel or press PgUp/PgDn to control the aiming window
- Hold Right Mouse Button to prevent the turret from following the reticle
- Keys 1-3 to switch between shell types
- Keys 4-6 to select consumables. Select the damaged module to repair it, or the injured crew member to heal him
- ENTER to activate the chat
- ENTER to send a message to your team
- Cycle through message recipients (team, all, platoon) ALT
- ESC or left-click once outside the chat window to exit a chat
In the player's garage he/she is able to scroll around a select the tank they would like to enter for a batlle. During this they can research new tanks with experience from the tanks crew or free xp gathered for free use. The player can also replenish thier ammo and change the equipment they would like to put on thier tank.
To infomation about the layout of the garage the player can press F1 to enable the lists below;
|1Menu||10Convert Experience||19Modules Panel|
|2Number of Players and Battles Online||11Research Current Vehicle||20Equipment Panel|
|3Current Tank||12Current Vehicle Characteristics||21Shells Panel|
|4Battle Menu||13System Channel||22Consumables Panel|
|5Player's Name||14Invitation Channel||23Service|
|6Player's Account Type||15Tank Companies Chat||24Exterior|
|7Buy/Extend - Premium Account||16General Chat||25Current Vehicle Status|
|8Get Gold||17Contacts||26Current Vehicle Image|
|9Exchange Gold||18Channels||27Crew Panel|
Game Modes Edit
When in the garage the player choose five primary types of battles: Edit
- Random battles
- Team-training battles
- Tank-company battles
- Team battle
- Clan battles.
There are three types of random battles; Standard, Assault and Encounter. Players have the option to be excluded from Assault and Encounter battles. All random battles consist of two teams of 15 randomly selected players paired together through automated match-making on a randomly selected map.
- The goal is to capture the enemy flag/base or eliminate all enemy tanks within 15 minutes. If time expires it is a draw.
- The attacking team has to capture the defending team's base or all enemy tanks are destroyed. If time expires the defending team wins.
- Two teams fight to capture a single neutral base or eliminate all enemy tanks within 15 minutes. If time expires it is a draw.